Saturday, December 26, 2009

The day after CHRISTmas

The day after Christmas is upon us and here I sit amongst wrapping papaer and toys watching the events unfolding in the latest terrorist attempt on our country. At times I think about where are country is heading and it frightens me. Although I know the Lord has it all under control I wonder just what He must be thinking about the current state of morality in our country.
But that is for another day today I'd like to talk about my Christmas. I ran a 102 fever through Christmas Eve and Christmas day, missed out on my inlaws annual Christmas eve party(which probably saved me from another five pounds). I had a lovely Christmas morning with my wife, daughter and grandchildren, then dragged myself into the truck to do the 110 mile drive to my folks home. I sat there moaning for three hours and drove back home.
To add to the festivities this is by far the worst financial situation I have found my self in during my adult life and I spent a good amount of time grieving my grandmother who had passed a little over a year ago.
YES THIS WAS THE BEST CHRISTMAS I EVER HAD.
No I haven't been at the spiked eggnog, it's just that this year more so than any Christmas I can remember my main focus was on CHRIST and the awesome gift He gave to us. Isn't it strange that we celebrate our Lords birthday by giving each other gifts. I,d rather think we celebrate His birth by showing each other His love
11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ[a] the Lord. Luke 2:11
Thank You Jesus

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Get some rest. You need it after 102 degree fever. You are in my prayers brother.

Unknown said...

Appreciate your faithfulness to the Lord. Center on getting yourself well right now and the Lord will be faithful and take care of the little things.

efsorrells said...

I am sorry that you are sick. You are in my prayers. I agree, this is my best Christmas also, even though finances and other things are tight. Thank you for sharing. God Bless you Bro

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you are sick Hugh. Gifts don't make the Christmas. Money doesn't make the life. Love is what it is all about...be it God's love or a parent's love. As long as you have love you are a rich man.

Bonnie Vaughan said...

Hugh, I pray you are feeling better now.
Christmas is always hard when our loved ones are no longer with us.
I believe God provides for us - not by dropping things in our laps, but by giving us the opportunity to make adjustments along the path. Sometimes we have to re-evaluate what we are doing and make hard decisions to keep the boat afloat.
My love to you and your family this Christmas Season.

Alexander Harb PSEM®, E-Agent® said...

Many times it is in our WORST times that we find the tender presence of the Lord the strongest, bro..... as we draw closer to HIM in those times, He draws closer to US... and those times are turning points for us.....

Abraham, Issac, Joseph, and ALL the Lords people and His prophets have all been there..... I am GLAD YOU are in "THEE club" too, Hugh!!

May our Father, the Lord Almighty (our Elohim) be in your life in an even MORE abundant way, so that you ~~~ working in the Lord our Messiah Jesus might be a source of Healing and Ministry to others going through those same times......

You GO, Rev. Krone!!! \O/

Alice Linahan said...

Hugh,
I will keep you in my prayers asking Our Lord to bless you with the continued wisdom you share and the joy and peace that comes from Christ Our Savior. Thank you for being a rock during the hard times and continuing to share your amazing faith.

As I have said before you are such a blessing!!

Morning Glory-Evening Grace,
You Sister in Christ!!
Alice