Tuesday, December 29, 2009

GENOCIDE OF THE UNBORN

This morning my pastor asked me if I would speak for a few minutes at each of the Sunday services this week. He would like me to give a quick testimony to rally some more participants for January 22 bus trip to the annual March For Life inWashington D.C. Pastor Rick knows my passion for this subject and the only problem I will face is trying to stay within the time limit he gave me.
I think that I could probably write a book about my feelings about abortion and one day I may. You see, to me there never has been any "debate" over the abortion issue. Just under 25 years ago my son was born. Joshua was born just under 21 weeks into my wifes pregnancy, he weighed 10.5 ounces and fit in the nurses hand. But the key word in that last sentence was "born". He was born, he cried, he felt pain, he was one of Gods children.
The bible tells us we are weaved by God in our mothers womb, who are we to end that life because it is not convienient.
To date the genocide ofthe unborn in this country has taken the lives of over 50 million babies or approximately one life for every seven people alive in our county. Might one of those babies been the person who would have found a cure for cancer? We will never know, but surely all Christians should be able to come together on this issue.
So I would ask you, when you are in your prayer time, lift this issue up to the Lord. Pray for all of the lives that have been touched and affected by this travesty, and pray that are leaders have a softening of their heart and do the right thing.

No comments: