Sunday, January 10, 2010

Diary of an Unborn Child

Anyone who knows me even in passing has a general Idead about my feelings on the murder of the unborn. Today is was reading through some sermons from Dr. Ray Pritchard from KeepBelievingMinistries.com and I came across this imaginary Diary of an unborn child. I found it very touching and wanted to share it.
Diary Of An Unborn Child
Our greatest problem with abortion is that we have a hard time seeing the unborn for what they are-real people being put to death. It helps if we understand that what is being aborted is not a fetus but a real person-a little girl with blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes or a little boy with freckles and a dimple. If only we could see the unborn as people just like us, we would know the truth about abortion.

This is called "Diary of an Unborn Child." It is imaginary, yet full of truth.
October 5 - Today my life began. My parents do not know it yet and I am as small as the seed of an apple. But I am really here. And I am glad to be a girl. I shall have blond hair and blue eyes. Just about everything is settled, even the fact that I shall love flowers.
October 19 - Some say I'm not a real person yet, that only my mother exists. But I am a real person, just as a small crumb of bread is truly bread. My mother is. And I am.
October 23 - My mouth is just beginning to open now. Just think, in a year or so I shall be laughing and later talking. I know what my first word will be: "Mama."
October 25 - My heart began to beat today all by itself. From now on it will gently beat for the rest of my life without ever stopping to rest.
November 2 - I am growing a bit every day. My arms and legs are beginning to take shape, but I have to wait a long time yet before I can hug my mommy and daddy.
November 12 - Now my fingers are beginning to grow. Funny how small they are. I'll be able to stroke my mother's hair with them.
November 20 - Today for the first time the doctor told mom that I am living under her heart. Oh, how happy she must be. Are you happy, Mom?
November 25 - My mom and dad are probably thinking about a name for me. But they don't even know that I am a little girl. I want to be called Kathy. I am getting so big already.
December 10 - My hair is growing. It is smooth and bright and shiny. I wonder what kind of hair mommy has.
December 13 - I am just about able to see. It is dark around me. When mom brings me into the world it will be full of sunshine and flowers. But what I want more than anything is to see my mom. Do I look like her? I hope so.
December 24 - I wonder if mom hears the whispering of my heart? Some children come into the world a little sick. But my heart is strong and healthy. It beats so evenly: tup-tup, tup-tup. You'll have a healthy daughter, Mom.
December 28 - Today my mother killed me.
Something to think about.
Be Blessed
Hugh

No comments: