Saturday, January 9, 2010

To God Goes The Glory

I have ben very encouraged by some public figures lately. Colt McCoys interview after getting hurt in the Texas Alabama game was inspiring. Tim Tebow has been a steady source of encouragement and I was extremely proud of the way Brit Hume handled himself throughout this past week.
Glenn Beck continues to talk about the country's need to turn to the Lord and Judge Napolitanos closing remarks on Beck's show were beautiful on Thusday. If only more of our countrymen were willing to give God the glory.
Jeremiah 9:23-25 (New King James Version)
23 Thus says the LORD: “ Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; 24 But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,” says the LORD.

3 comments:

Yolanda Realtor said...

Hi, Hugh! I love what you've done with your new place.

I watched Colt struggling through tears during the interview after the game. What strikes me about him is that he credits God for what he and his team have accomplished. He has grace and class by virtue of congratulating and praising Alabama for playing a great game. I didn't see the same grace from Alabama's coach and the new Heismann winner, unfortunately.

I didn't see Brit's interview, but I've always liked him even before he became FOX's news anchor. I'm happy to hear that he's still in the business.

Thank you for the invite!

Anonymous said...

Hugh,

If only the would. I know i have been guilty of claiming glory before giving it to God and those celebrations were all short lived. Great post and thanks for us in the rain know about it.

JP

South Florida Real Estate For Sale said...

Yes Hugh -
It takes great courage to speak your faith in this country right now. With the liberal media it is almost impossible unless you are a celebrity or a ball player!